Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Impressions: Etude House's Wonder Pore Freshner


Etude House's Wonder Pore is a best seller in Korea.  On the box, you can see quite a list of things it claims to do.  As I was in need of a new toner, I decided to give this one a shot.  I have combination skin:  oily/normal T-zone with normal/dry cheeks.  The pores in my nose get clogged easily with white heads and I tend to break out on my chin often.  Based on my skin profile, Wonder Pore should benefit it greatly.

Hit the jump for more detail


Before making my purchase, I scanned the ingredients and was pleased to find it was paraben-free.  I do have some make up and very few skin care items that contain parabens but ever since I have made more of an effort to avoid them, my complexion improved greatly.  Slowly but surely, I hope to cut it out completely!

The bottle itself is huge containing 16.9 oz.  My last toner held about a quarter of that!  Here's a picture of it next to my face:

I'm also pleased with how this product dispenses.  Instead of pouring the solution over a cotton pad, it has a press pump that puts the toner right onto the cotton.  (Similar to the nail polish removers that salons have.)

I tried Wonder Pore for this first time tonight so here are some initial thoughts:
This toner has a very mild scent so it is very ideal for people who are sensitive to smells.  I love the pump because it makes it nearly impossible to over-dispense the product.  No spilling accidents with this!  The toner feels super refreshing and cool over the skin.  It was a little sticky for a few moments but because it is so light, my skin absorbed it quickly.  My skin feels super soft especially since I followed up with an emulsion.
In addition to using this as toner, you can pour some of Wonder Pore into a spray bottle and use it as a moisturizing mist.  I probably won't do this though.
Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be monitoring the condition of my pores to see if it does indeed deep cleanse, minimize, and refine them.  As a general toner, it is nice and worth using up.  I'm already planning to save the bottle and pour polish remover in there!  =D

On one side of the packaging was this funny illustration:

The top four drawings illustrate the uses of Wonder Pore while the bottom pictures illustrates what it does.  I will be very amused if the dirt in my pores flies out of them like ghosts.  o.O...



No comments:

Post a Comment