Sunday, May 20, 2012

Taking the Next Step

So I haven't written in quite a while... Reasons include writer's block, laziness, moving, work schedule, etc... I could go on.  Now that my new apartment is finally put together, I am finding that I finally have some time to relax!
My boyfriend and I ended up moving in together because we didn't want to deal with my crazy landlady anymore.  We actually meant to do this last year but because of my crazy mother... it didn't happen.  So how did we manage to pull it off this time around?
We did all the moving without telling either of our parents.  After I was completely moved out of my old place, I then told her I had moved and was living by myself.  Yes.  It is necessary.  Even my sister admitted this was the best way to handle the situation.
How is it living in sin so far?  Pretty nice.  =)

I've been having fun decorating the new place.  I do hold back a little bit though because I don't want to torture the boyfriend with an insanely girly looking place.  Initially, I also kind of wanted to paint and the man was really not a fan of that idea!  So I discovered these amazing things- wall stickers- that really can spruce up a room without damaging the walls!




The black stickers I ordered from Amazon while the red flowers were found in Ikea.  The black stickers came with a lot more in the pack but I didn't want to over do it so I've put the extras away for the time being.  That pack was a little less than $20.  The red flower pack cost about $10.
I'm hoping to find a nice design that I can put in the bedroom.  It's pretty plain in there at the moment.

Living in the new apartment has been great so far.  I'm at a better distance from all three of my jobs and I have my own kitchen!!  The boyfriend and I have been so good about not eating out.  We cook as much as we can which is so much better than spending an exorbitant amount of money eating out or ordering in.  We haven't been getting in each other's way either since our schedules tend not to coincide at all.  

I'm looking forward to having a lot more time to blog about the things I love!!

Photos: Personal

1 comment: