Saturday, June 16, 2012

June: My Favorite Things

I noticed a lot of bloggers and vloggers post about their current favorite things so I thought I'd jump on that boat.  I'm going to list my top 5 favorite things that I discovered this month overall.
Hit the jump to read on~




Number 5: The Very Hungry Caterpillar Reward Chart and Stickers 
So some of you may be thinking... what?  But I got super excited when I found these because for this past year, I had been making these things from scratch!  About two months ago, I just threw in the towel because it was getting really tiring to think up a theme and stay after school to put the whole thing together.  My class did not seem to notice or even care.  So my efforts really were wasted.  But I've been reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to them lately and they're putting on a little presentation for their graduation so when I brought these in, the kids were super excited.  And me?  I'm so glad that I do not have to make them!

Number 4: Osec Hwangto Face Soap
Last time I went to visit my parents, my mom gave my a trial size of this soap to use while I was staying with them.  It has an extreme herbal and medicinal scent with a surprisingly gentle and soft lather.  However in the wintery season, I found it a tad drying for my skin.  My mom sent me off with a full sized bar  (fits perfectly in my palm) when I left.  I figured it would be great from the summer when I'm usually a little more oily.  Lo and behold, this soap has been perfect for my skin as it started breaking out like crazy from the rising humidity.  I use this when I take my nightly showers and follow up with my skin care routine.  

Number 3: Hamilton Beach Toastation
OH MY GOD~ I love my toaster oven because it has the separate slot for toasting bread!  My old roomie and I had one of these in our old apartment but when we moved out she took it with her.  It was hers after all.  Ever since then, I have not been able to make myself a a good piece of toast. =(  I would try in the frying pan.... but it's not the same.  I ordered this one from Amazon and have been a happy toaster ever since.  The other day I was at the grocery store and I was aghast with the shock that I had been remiss to purchase POPTARTS!  This is what happened when I got home:
Me: (to boyfriend)  We forgot Poptarts!
Boyfriend: (snaps his fingers) Oooohhh... How? How did we forget Poptarts!?
Me: I know!

Number 2: Foodaholic Grapestone Keratin Scaling Foam Cleansing
Yes, it is another face wash but this one is soooooo soooo sooooooo amazing!  First of all, it smells DELICIOUS.  And the way it foams over your face is so soft and silky.  It's like lotion without any greasiness.  What I noticed is that this product really cleans the skin without stripping all the natural oils.  After rinsing off, my face feels like a baby's bottom.  You can feel a little bit of tightness but not to the point where it feels raw and like you have a plaster mask on.  This grapestone is supposed to help keep skin clear but the brand carried others with aloe, cucumber, and pomegranate.

Number 1: Talenti Gelato
Hands down, the best gelato I have ever had based on the gelato brands and gelatarias that I have tried here in the United States.  I have never been to Italy so I can't use native gelato as a basis for comparison.  This brand has really captured the smooth and creamy texture that I believe gelato should have.  Other gelato brands taste strangely icy, too milky, or has a consistency that is too similar to ice cream.  The gelatarias in my area again have a consistency too close to ice cream and lack a creamy texture.  
My favorite flavor by FAR is this sea salt caramel.  It isn't super sweet and has a savoriness after the first bite.  It has little cubes of chocolate covered caramels mixed in which are surprisingly nice and chewy considering they've been in a freezer.  This gelato has completely taken the title best "ice cream" for me and the boyfriend.  Haagen daz and Ben&Jerry's no longer have a place in our fridge.
Other delicious favors are the Banana Chocolate Swirl, Belgian Dark Chocolate, and Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip.

Photos taken from Google image search



1 comment:

  1. #4. I still have my bar of soap in the box. Maybe I'll give it a try too since it's summer. I found it was too harsh for my skin, but I think I used it in the winter too.

    #3. That is amazing!! I never thought they would come out with a combo!

    #2. I miss that face wash... I'm using Neutrogena's Natural face wash at the moment and am happy.

    ReplyDelete